Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dressing the maids

So, I had to introduce the maids because we are going to talk FASHION.

Next week, I will be going with two of my lovely maids, Colby and Rachel, plus the moms to look at some dresses for them. Thus, I have to get a more concrete idea of what I would like them to wear. And Josh, no, you will not be wearing a dress.

Since our wedding isn’t going to be super formal (cocktail attire) I would like the ladies to have knee length dresses. I honestly don’t want them to look stupid although it is tempting to make them wear something like this:

Ha! I have looked through 1,000 bridesmaid dress pics. And, it seems we could go a few different ways. First, I could pick one dress and make all of them wear it because I am a bridezilla.;;">
After Six, From Dessy.com

But, that seems unappealing because all my ladies are different. I love them for their differences so why not play that up? They could all wear a similar dress in the same color and fabric. I would then let them pick the style and whatever shoes and jewelry they wanted.



Alfred Sung, all from Dessy.com

Or, I could give them some rules and then send them out to pick out their own dress so it would hopefully end up something like this:


I like, but I have heard from other brides that their bridesmaids hated this third option. It seemed that it puts a lot of pressure on the girls to go hunting for a dress that fit the style and color scheme of the wedding… and who has the time to do that when it isn’t your own wedding. So, I am leaning toward option 2. I would like it if the dresses were gray/pewter so that their purple flowers would pop against their dresses. But I am open to purple dresses, too. We’ll see what happens!

What do you think I should do? What did you do for your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment