Thursday, May 31, 2012

RINGS! Part 1

We have our rings! Hooray!

I spent a little bit of time thinking about what I wanted. My engagement ring is fairly simple ring with a round stone set in a very thin pave band made up of little round diamonds. Non-matching wedding rings are becoming very popular. I think it looks great and there’s something so brave about going with something nontraditional and having the confidence to carry it off. Check this one out:


I definitely can’t afford to get more diamonds or bigger diamonds so I thought maybe I can get a metal other than white gold. Such as rose gold! I looooooove rose gold right now. I have this beautiful rose gold watch that I got for my birthday. I wanted to try out the look before committing to it, so I ordered a fake rose gold thin pave ring from a costume jewelry store.

I like it! But, let’s be honest… my love for rose gold might not last forever and I am not a brave person. Thus, I decided to stick with a matching band. I tried a few others things at the jewelry store just to check, but it only confirmed that I should go with a matching band.

Until they told me the price… It was double the price of my engagement ring setting. WOAH! Why you ask? More diamonds? Nope. Better diamonds? Nope. Better metal? Nope. It was more expensive than my setting because the price of gold has been sky rocketing. Sad face.

I literally almost burst into tears because I had no idea what we were going to do. Wes was so wonderful. He told me that we could get it and that we would just figure it out. While I am sure this what any girl wants to hear, I just couldn’t spend the money. The lady could see that she wasn’t going to get a sale out of me and that I was really upset. That’s when she said that they had older rings sitting around that were ordered back when the price of gold was less and that they would be cheaper. We went through them and found one that is almost exactly the same as my engagement setting. Bingo. It was half the cost of the “matching” wedding ring.

Here it is!

This ring doesn’t fit perfectly up against my engagement ring, but I can live with that.

Maybe from time to time I'll slip the rose gold ring between the two to change it up. J

No comments:

Post a Comment