Saturday, April 28, 2012

A pet peeve.

As a to-be bride who has been engaged 2+ years, I've watched a lot of wedding shows. There's something that happens at a lot of weddings that just drives me NUTS. I even see it happen in David Tutera's My Fair Wedding. And, as an expert in wedding etiquette, I am so sad that David doesn't always remind his brides NOT to do this... What am I talking about? I am talking about this:

Such a cool bouquet, but you're holding it all wrong!

I can't see your dress!




Oh yes perfect Anne Hathaway...you did it wrong, too!

I can't stand when brides hold their bouquet too high. It ruins the whole walk down the aisle thing for me! When brides hold their bouquet too high, then we can't see their dress and it detracts from their glowing face. I see it happen so often that I can't help but hold my breath when a bride starts to come down the aisle just to wait to see if she is going to hold her flowers the right way. I talk about this so much to Wes, that he showed me this picture this morning:


This is Ryan Tannehill, the new quarterback for the Miami Dolphins, and his lovely bride, Lauren. He was drafted on Thursday and as an avid Dolphin fan, I fell instantly in love with Tannehill. And, I love his wife as well, because she holds her bouquet the right way! The sad part is that Wes showed me this picture just to point out that she held her bouquet the right way... that's how much I talk about this pet peeve of mine. Oh well.

I guess, it is not that big of deal where you hold your bouquet. I'm just ridiculous. But, I will definitely make sure my bouquet is held low so you can see how happy I am to be walking up to my best friend and soon to-be husband.

2 comments:

  1. The maximum height that the bride can hold the bouquet shall thus forth be known as the "Bouquet Demarcation Line (BDL)." Any bride found to be in violation of the BDL may be subject to ridicule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be making fun of me, but it makes me very happy to think about instituting a BDL... wouldn't weddings be more fun for men if it was more like a football game?

      Delete