Monday, July 23, 2012

Mad for Chalkboards

Somewhere along the way, I fell head over heels for chalkboards. Could you tell? There’s just something about them! I love that you can dress them up or down. I love that you can write in a whole bunch of different fonts all over them. I love that dusty look. I find everything about them heart-warming and a bit romantic. I think Kristen Taylor (our photographer) said it best when she called our wedding “casual yet elegant” and chalkboards very much represents that idea to me. I didn’t want chalkboards to overwhelm the wedding rather I wanted them to add to the feeling and be one of a few repeating elements in the wedding.

I hope I didn’t go over the top!

Photo by Kristen Taylor Photography



Photo by Kristen Taylor Photography


Do you see the table number in the background? Photo by Kristen Taylor Photography

Taken by a friend from the wedding.


Photo by me.

Photo by Kristen Taylor Photography

Photo by Kristen Taylor Photography

Photo by Kristen Taylor Photography


I wanted to save this post for until now because the windows frames and vanity (my favorites) weren’t done until 4 days before our wedding. Talk about cutting it close! I know it is hard to believe, but I had one more chalkboard project that was cut from the to-DIY list. I was going to turn the panels of a bedroom door that we have into chalkboards. It seemed highly unnecessary seeing that we had so many other big items to lug from New Jersey to Michigan.

One way I tried to keep chalkboards from overwhelming the wedding was by making sure there were no two things that were chalkboards on the same table. Also, for the most part I kept the chalkboard elements separated by placing other repeated elements in between any two chalkboard items.

It was definitely difficult to rein myself in when I had my most favorite wedding tool at hand: CHALKBOARD PAINT.



I find it so thrilling that you can literally turn anything into a chalkboard surface. Think about all the other possibilities…

Mason Jar Labels from Weddingbee

Chalkboard votives as guest favors maybe?

Reuse your wine bottles! From Weddingbee

Paint the inside of the tray or plate. Love this idea of using a silver tray!

The ultimate from SMP


Guys, they even make chalkboard contact paper. Shut up.
From Amazon



I am definitely going to make those silver trays to hang in my dining room…

If you are a bride who’s heart beats a little faster when you see all these chalkboard goodies, then this inspiration board is for you:

Is someone out there also trying hard to keep their chalkboard addiction, or ANY wedding addiction for that matter, in check?

No comments:

Post a Comment