Sunday, July 22, 2012

Big ticket items

The week I took off from work before the wedding was definitely a necessity for all the decor for the wedding to work out. I don't think I realized how crazy of a bride I was until I saw all my wedding "stuff" crammed into my mom's poor house. Thanks Mom (again) for letting us invade your house. Thank you Matthew, my incredible nephew, for bringing so many of the boxes back to grandma's house for us!

The reason why my nephew had to help drive stuff back from Waldenwoods was...because... I had some BIG stuff for the wedding. Remember these?









No? How about now?




My wine barrels. I love love love my wine barrels. They were perfect for our ceremony. Were they worth it? To me, yes. To Wes? Not sure. We bought them from a winery in Pennsylvania. It made for a great day because Wes and I had such a lovely Saturday driving through the pretty parts of New Jersey. Unfortunately, we had to lug them to Michigan. And, they had/have to be stored outside my mom's house... until further notice. Well, until we move out of our condo or until I can bring myself to sell them. I hoping to use them somehow in our future detached dream house. Did I mention that I love my barrels? One of Wes's groomsmen, Mike, asked me why there were wine barrels in Wes's truck and I suddenly was fully aware of how crazy it was to have all this wedding decor and I felt really embarrassed that I insisted that we drive these things across the United States. But, after we rolled our barrels out by the lake and I was able to see the how it looked all put together, I felt that each piece of decor was well worth the effort.

Another big item was the vintage vanity. This I feel a little less guilty about because 1) it was free and 2) it came from my mom's basement so a lot less travel was involved. I saw a picture of a vanity that someone has turned into a chalkboard online and I thought, well that would make for a cool menu board. Remember the menu?





Such a lovely piece. It definitely exudes the exact feeling I wanted for our wedding. I know that the whole point of June 22, 2012 was to get married, but the little big things really brought the whole place to life. I am glad Wes supported me so much in the "wedding vision" by letting me use these big ticket items.

Did you like them? Brides, do you have some BIG decor pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment