Thursday, July 26, 2012

Paddle fan ceremoney programs: A brief glimpse of bridezilla

I am detailed-oriented to a fault. So, unfortunately my mom and Wes’s mom got picked on a little bit when making the ceremony programs.

Let me state my case: 1. They kept asking me for things to do. As far as I am concerned, you get what you ask for. 2. I was so proud of my save the dates and invitations, how could I not want the ceremony programs to be just as beautiful. And, most were…






The moms were dutifully cutting, folding, taping and tying. But, sometimes, things weren’t quite centered. I would try to quietly fix it. They finally caught onto me fixing their work and I tried to politely explain why I was moving it around. However, there’s no good way to say it. “Um, well, it looked bad so I was making it better.” I am sure it bothered them that it got to a point where I was “fixing” every other one. So, we teased each other the rest of the time about whether the popsicle stick was placed correctly and what not. Hopefully, the moms don’t hold grudges for too long (fingers crossed)!

The programs were lovely, don’t you think? The quatrefoil design was another repeating element throughout the wedding. And, I loved that they were fans. I had big plans to make these even more elaborate fans that were going to be labor intensive and not cost effective.




However, we ran out of time and money. So, I picked up a box of jumbo craft sticks for $4 and this paper at Amazon.com that was on sale for $5. I also used this gray paper leftover from making invitations and this purple baker’s twine. Each ceremony program cost me only 15¢ apiece. I am SO happy that I did not make the elaborate version of the fan ceremony program! Can you imagine the hard time I would of gave the moms cutting all those panels out for the fans?! Also, we had perfect weather so I am pretty sure the fact that the programs were fans was lost on most of my guests… so it was best that we didn’t spend a lot of time and money on them!

Oh. And don’t worry, there were opportunities for my family to get back at me…

1 comment:

  1. Loved the fan :) Also used it to shield my eyes from the sun.

    ReplyDelete