Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm too sexy for a tux

The articulate and handsome Wesley has now introduced his group of stand-up guys. I would just like to say: I adore this group of guys. Adore. Especially you, Josh W.!

Now, how do we dress the MEN? I am sure all of them would prefer to don something close their usual dress for our wedding:




Just kidding! I have requested that the wear something a little more traditional.


For sure, the wedding industry over prices EVERYTHING and is filled with scams. But, in my opinion, the biggest crappy thing the wedding industry does is exploit the groomsmen by making them wear tuxes. The poor groomsmen have to wear whatever the bride tells them to wear because they love the groom. In addition, tuxes are expensive, so the guys usually get stuck renting a tux that doesn’t fit right, cost way too much to be a rental, and has been wore by possibly hundreds of other men. The groomsmen at most of the weddings I have been to have worn some quality tuxes, though! However, by the time you spend money on all the bells and whistles to get a nice-looking tux, you might have well bought a nice suit!

Now, there’s an idea... What if the guys wore suits!?! Hear me out…I believe this is a good idea because:

1. They are less fancy and since our wedding shindig isn’t a black tie event, that works out very well. (It is a cocktail attire affair, fyi!) Random fact: the difference between tuxes and suits are that tuxes have silk incorporated into the jacket/pant somewhere. Who knew?
2. They would be new! BIG plus.
3. The guy gets to keep it!
4. Mens Wearhouse and Jos. A. Bank are always having ridiculous sales so we can get a good price. So, if the one of the guys hated the suit then he shouldn’t feel so obligated to ever wear it again. But seriously, what is there to hate about a standard sexy charcoal suit? J
5. They will be new! Did I say that already?
6. Men in suits are goooood looking! See below:





But I like my groom a lot more! A pic of him and my lovely to-be MIL taken at Wes's mom's cousin's daughter's wedding... better known as Kristen who is now married to Paul. Yes, Wes's family is huge and yes, they are all super close. It is pretty awesome!

A pic from the Faris Wedding in Kentucky! What great looking guys!

So, how about it? Do you think we should go with suits?

No comments:

Post a Comment