Monday, September 12, 2011

Staying fit in Finland: Part 1

I know this is a strange notion, but I would like to look really good in all wedding-related photos! And, I would like to fit in my dress on my wedding day. Therefore, it was a goal of mine to workout with all my extra time in Finland. A co-worker of mine asked me a few months ago, "Why did you buy your dress so early, aren't you afraid you will gain weight?" Well...no, not really, not until he said something about it! Normally, I exercise a lot. Jazzercise rocks my world!


That's right, I am a dancing, shake my butt while wearing spandex, because I find treadmills boring sort-a gal! We don’t really wear this stuff but I hear that some people used too… I may have or have not dressed up as a Jazzerciser one year for Halloween because some people (not me) consider spandex scary. I miss you Jazzercise ladies of New Jersey!

Kissing a skull.


Anyhoo, I didn’t want to gain weight pounds eating sausage, beer and bread in Finland right before our engagement photo shoot. Did I mention that? We are getting engagement photos done next week!!! I could burst I am so excited. More on that later.

Finland doesn’t have Jazzercise, so I decided to take some Jazzercise videos with me and jog... If I could take one thing back with me to the US it would be my jogging path. So, pretty.

Pretty, right?

University of Jyvaskyla. This is the campus I worked at.

I am on a boat cruise here with Miriam and Mika (super cool Finnish people), but the boat left from a dock that I jog by. You can see my apartment in the background.

I jog past this lake and into the downtown area that you see in the background.

More downtown Jyvaskyla


You can see my apartment from the lake/bridge that I job over! My apartment's balcony is where the white arrrow points to.

Views from my apartment!







Confession: so I didn’t really work out as much as I should have in Finland. This post is really just an excuse to show you some cool sights from my jogging route!

No comments:

Post a Comment