Saturday, January 21, 2012

Holy nails, Batman!

I have a really really really bad habit. I bite my nails. Ew. I know. Very gross.

I hate that it has been something that I do for as long as I can remember. I have tried to quit oh so many times. Every year I make it my new year resolution to quit for once and all. I usually make it a few months and then something stressful happens and once again I have ugly nubbins. I. Have. Tried. Everything. To. Quit. I remember a long time ago saying that I would have to quit biting before I get married.

Well folks, that time is obviously just um, 5 months away. And, I’m happy to tell you that I quit biting my nails September 2010 and haven’t done it since. I looked down at my hands the other day and literally said “Holy nails, Batman! My hands look GOOD.” (Do any of you still use this phrase? Just me? Ok... I'm a loser.)

Before:

After:


Trying out some new polish.

It makes me so happy that I will have real nails for my wedding day. I can’t explain how proud I am of myself. It used to make me feel so bad when I realize that I just had gnawed all my nails off. It was a personal struggle that I overcame and I will get to show off pretty nails in June. When we got engaged I had fake nail put on because I didn’t want people to look at my engagement ring and then gag when they saw my nails. But, that thinned out my real nails badly after a few months of getting them and what I truly wanted was REAL nails. Want to know what finally worked? This:
Got mine at Amazon.

This stuff is awesome. My problem with relapse is that my nails are soft and get breaks on the sides so that they crack horizontally. Aftertime, breaks in my nails caused me to start biting again. Nailtiques has prevented that from happening for the most part. I just had my thumb nail crack, but that is because I wasn’t using the stuff as often and I was being lazy about conditioning my nails. I do have to say that I don’t love that this stuff isn’t formadehyde free. Most nail polish isn’t and I commend brands like Sally Hansen and Essie for making their products without the really toxic preservative. But, like I said, this stuff works. Beggars can’t be choosers. Best part of it is that it dries in literally 30 seconds. So. Easy. Just brush it on and go. You can put color over it. I also usually rub cuticle oil on my nails at night so they don’t get brittle. If you know a bride or anyone for that matter who has nail issues, please tell them to try this!!!

So, this year I was able to make different new year resolutions which were to be more patient (I love you Wes) and to be the healthiest person I can be this year (aka: less microwavable macaroni and cheese, more Jazzercise). I want to feel really good about my health when we decide to try and start a family. I finally cut soda mostly out my diet by drinking fizzy water. I can thank Finland for that. What are your new year resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment