Friday, January 27, 2012

LET THERE BE LIGHT

Something I want at our wedding is lots of candlelight. You can’t deny that it looks pretty. And, you can’t deny that everyone looks and feels a little more gorgeous in the warm wash of loveliness.

Photo from Kristen Taylor's blog.

Therefore, it was a must to get lots and lots of votive candles.

It you are a bride with very little extra time or interest, I have a few recommendations for you. Quickcandles.com and dlightonline.com! Super cheap bulk votive candles with both the glass and candle included. They were the cheapest prices I could find and please take my word for it: I did a lot of candle research.

My only problem with these candles is that the wax is not poured into the glass. I know, stupid details to most people, but I love the look of poured candles. (See picture above.) I thought very seriously about pouring my own candles. This blog post shows off how if you DIY, then you can pour the wax into any container you want.

From the blog: Mission: Wedding

Much prettier than just sticking a votive in a jar. And, it is certainly cost effective, but time consuming. I have no problem devoting time to wedding stuff, but I am a girl with a job and a part time job, so I pick my wedding battles. My challenge, then, was how to buy poured candles for a cheap price. I never thought this would be possible, but it was just as cheap to buy poured candles from Michaels as it was to buy those bulk candles online… with one caveat:

Can we just a have moment of silence for this awesome piece of awesomeness? *pregnant pause* Seriously, if I ever catch any of you walking into a Michaels without one of these babies in your hands, I am going to hunt you down.

I couldn’t buy all the candles at once, though, because of the “one coupon per person per day” rule. So, these past months became known as “the great candle heist of 2011” in our household, and unfortunately it has extended into 2012. Every week, I (and sometimes Wes) take our 40% or 50% coupons to Michaels and buy candles.

A 12-pack of white votive candles = $7.99+tax… with 50% coupon it is $4.27 (NJ tax included). That’s $0.36 per candle, and there’s no shipping costs meaning I spent around $30 for 72 candles. BAM.

I seriously felt like I was stealing because it was such a good deal. I mean, it by no means trumps my mom who is the queen of finding deals. I beared witness to her once walking out of Old Navy with 3 blouses and 2 totes for the bargain price of $0.00. No joke.

Anywho, if you have the time and a desire for poured votive candles… go to Michaels. With a coupon. Happy couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment