Saturday, January 21, 2012

So long inspiration station.

So. We are not having a purple, gray, navy, orchid wedding. When we changed our venue to Waldenwoods, I realized that something about that theme just was not clicking with me. I wanted something fun, relaxed with a touch of sophistication. Wes and I are not “blingy” people. (Yep, I just made that word up.)  As beautiful as jewels dripping off of flowers are, I would just feel out of place as a bride at that wedding. And that is exactly how Meadowbrook made me feel: out of place. I love really fancy affairs, but I know that for some, they can be uncomfortable and I didn’t want anyone at our wedding to feel that way. Even if we had unlimited funds, I would still want my wedding to be more laid back than glam. We really don’t love modern looks. Well, I love a modern look done in the right way, but Wes really hates modern looking stuff. I know... surprise, surprise - Mr. Traditional hates modern. :) We definately love more natural looking things. Unfortunately, orchids have a way of turning a wedding into a modern affair. I really didn’t want that. I want our wedding to reflect us. I know that our wedding is not going to be everyone’s ideal wedding, but I hope that everyone appreciates that all the things we are doing, were chosen because it reflected us.

Instead, we are having a purple and gray shabby chic wedding with both relaxed and fancy touches.

Urban dictionary definition of "shabby chic": Something (maybe someone, i.e., Joan Collins) that's rather worn out/tattered yet has a touch of understated class.

It is probably THE most popular wedding theme right now in weddingland, but I don’t care. I love this theme. Think, mason jar meets mercury glass. Still don’t get it? Well it just so turns out that I have made you an inspiration board!

Unfortunately, I cannot remember where I got any of these photos... please don't sue me.


Oh yeah. I love everything about this inspiration board. Especially the chalkboards! Can I just say that chalkboard paint is awesome?! 

What does your ideal wedding look like? The inspiration point of my wedding planning in coming to a close. Now it is do or die time. I have already had one DIY project die on me! But, Kristen, our cousin in Miami, is just now pulling into inspiration station.  I am so excited for her because it was definitely my favorite part of this ride. Congrats to Kristen and Mike on their engagement!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Meg!! Can't wait for your wedding!! Start planning to be down in Miami in November ;)

    PS Please tell me you are on Pinterest -- I have gotten SOOO many ideas there!!

    XoXo, Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding is definately already on our calender. :)

    YES! I love it! "Pin, pinned, pinning!" I was finally able to find a flower comobo I liked on pinterest. Let me know if I can help in any way! -Meg

    ReplyDelete