Saturday, June 2, 2012

Another ceremony accessory

If you remember, I am wearing 4 inch heels. I have been wearing them from time to time around the house and I am fairly confident that I can spend at least 5 hours in them. However, I am not so sure that walking in grass is going to be very easy. Mostly, I am concerned that my heels are going to sink down into the grass and I can just imagine me falling over or losing a shoe while I trying to walk down our grassy aisle. Just as a reminder, here’s where we are getting married:


So, I decided that I should invest in some heel protectors. Have you heard them? I hadn’t until I started reading wedding blogs. There’s a few different kinds and today I ordered two different pairs to compare and contrast:

Starlettos, Picture Source

Solemates, Picture Source

I think this is going to be a good investment. I don’t know how discreet they are, but luckily my dress is long and it won’t show. I will definitely take them off when my photographer is snapping pics of my glorious 4 inch purple sexy shoes. I will let you know what I think about how “obvious” they are. If they don’t look too bad, I might suggest to our moms and the bridesmaids to get some.

For reference, I purchased them here:

Solemates, Size “small classic” in the color clear (they come in size narrow, classic small, and a wider size called classic medium), http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CWYCQW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Starlettos, One size fits most shoes in the color clear, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070RUXU8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01

Anyone else have a pair of heel protectors? Do you like them?

1 comment:

  1. i dont have heel protectors but when I'm on the grass I just try to stay on my tippy toes and try not to put any weight on the heel =/

    and that is a gorgeous location!

    xx
    Glass of Fashion

    ReplyDelete