Friday, June 1, 2012

It's June!

I thought this month would never come! So, I have officially 21.5 days left to pull this all together!
It is such a beautiful day in Piscataway, NJ today as well.  Planning an outside wedding does something crazy to your brain so that you always think of the weather and daylight in terms how it would fair for a wedding.  For instance, as I was walking into work, I thought, now this is dream weather for a wedding – whoever is getting married today is lucky!” The high is 77deg F, just a light wind to make sure you aren’t too warm, partly cloudy. Amazing. One can only hope and dream for a day like today on their wedding day.

I like to think of myself as realistic so I understand that I cannot control the weather and I definitely have a plan B in case there is a crazy thunder/lightning storm at around 6pm June 22, 2012. However, I do find myself making deals with mother nature. For instance, I’ve thought, “Mother Nature, I can live with some rain, but please please please don’t give me wind over 20 mph the day of my wedding.” Or, “Dear Mother Nature, if you promise to make sure we don’t have a heat wave where the temp is above 90deg F, then I promise not to complain about it being cloudy.” Overcast days make for even more beautiful pictures, in my opinion.

While I am being silly about the weather, I am by no means obsessed. Seriously. What happens, happens. Wes and I are getting married that day regardless, so it is going to be a lovely day. J Plus, in the case of a tornado, it should pass fairly quickly…

What I have been obsessed about is daylight. I have been tracking where the sun is in the sky and how long the shadows are for two months now to try and extrapolate what is going to be like on June 22. Assuming the sun will be out. One of the nice things is that June 22 is one of the longest days of the year so the sun doesn’t set until 9:15pm. During the ceremony, it should still be very bright but with long shadows. Slowly over cocktail hour, the shadows will get longer. We will move inside to the reception well before sunset but during dinner yu should see the first stars coming out. You should be finishing dinner right as the sun is setting when we have our first dance. Did I plan that good or did I plan that good?

So…hooray for June! And, let’s all cross our fingers for no heat wave and no crazy wind storm 22 days from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment