Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The final four

I thought before I share the pictures of me getting all dolled up, I would talk about some important accessories. There’s usually four essential additional items that most brides want… something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

My something old:




Wes was baptized when he was a baby and wore a bonnet that day. The bonnet came with a little poem saying that one day either the baby or the baby’s bride should adorn herself with it. The trick is that you clip a little piece of tread and it turns into a beautiful lace handkerchief. Wes’s mother gave it to me and I was honored by her pinning it to the inside of my dress.

My something new:


I picked my veil as my something new. It was such a stand out piece in my opinion. It makes me so sad that I can’t wear it every day. I would be thrilled if one of my children or my child’s bride wore this on their wedding day.

My something borrowed:



Mom came to rescue on this one. We were digging through boxes looking for photos of my grandmother and we found some of her wedding things. She wore a blue garter belt on her wedding day and I was lucky enough to wear the same one. I even gave it back to her to make sure it was technically "borrowed".

My something blue:


This is a fun one! Let’s get personal!

Yep. I wore blue undies that my mom found. But, it gets better! My mom also found a pair for Wes…

There you have it. No regrets. All of those pieces were perfect.

**All but last two photos by Kristen Taylor Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment