Sunday, October 28, 2012

Putting on a white dress.

I LOVED everything about my wedding attire. That is the way it should be, right? I see women all over the internet second guessing everything… and I did that as well, so I have no right to stand on a soapbox. But, I am here to say: LADIES, no regrets! Make all your choices with that in mind! It makes getting dressed on your wedding day a lot more fun.




 
 

Oh my dress. I can't believe I found something so perfect for me. I had the wrong idea about what I thought I would like. I originally thought that I wanted something goddess-like with very little fullness. Turns out I wanted something romantic and girly. I love the way the layers came out. I love that there wasn't one piece of bling on it. I love that it had a sweetheart neckline. I love that the bustle wasn't obvious. I love it hugged my hips in all the right way. Thank you, Mom, for buying me something so beautiful.



My shoes were everything my dress was... plus purple... and go on my feet. I am still trying to find ways I can wear those shoes again. It is the plan to wear them every chance I get. Do you think it would be weird to wear them in the lab?

And, all the other little details came together so nicely. Which was a relief seeing that you don't get to see it all together until the day of!

And, I know that I was not sold on a veil before, but my veil ended up being one of my favorite things.


Kristen, my photographer, told me she was ready for me to put on my dress and my brain went instantly fuzzy. I kept thinking, "Be present for this moment, be present for this moment." My adrenaline surged. I was never going to get this moment back...


My mom came over to put me into the dress. My hair was huge so I had to step in. I didn't gain any weight after my final dress fitting but somehow my dress was so difficult to zip up. We ended up with lots of lovely photos for this simply because it took so long. We managed to get the zipper up and my mom and I just started crying. It was a such a lovely moment.

 
 



...until I realize that we had forgotten to put on my crinoline. Oops. So, I had to take my dress off and go through a second round of getting my dress on. That pretty much sums up how life is funny like that and you might as well just go along with it!

Somehow it took several more people to get everything in place the second go around. I didn't breathe in for a least a minute to make it easier for them to zip up.





Man oh man that dress was tight. I had never worn the back strap that allows my strapless bra to dip lower on my back before, and I think that was why. And, I'm sticking with that story. :)

One by one the other details came into place.

 
 
 

 
 

 


 
 
And, then I was a bride.



The sunlight coming through the windows was so intense and we took advantage of it and did my glamor shots.




I really was not prepared to get my picture taken that day. My mind was not focused at all. I was just thinking, "Wedding day... focus... wedding day... focus." Kristen took a few pictures of me where I have a blank stare on my face and I look lost, in a bad way. 

Evidence that I was very very very lost in thought.

I wasn't panicking. I was just anticipating... and maybe in shock a little bit. Overwhelmed. My heart rate was on a steady incline for one whole hour leading up to seeing Wes. I wasn't feeling like myself, but at the same time, I was feeling like the best version of myself. I was intensely emotion and trying not to be and overall was probably putting too much pressure on myself. But, I looked good. :)

All there's was left to do was to touch up my lipstick and wait for Wes to get ready so we could have our first look. **All photos by Kristen Tayloy Photography 




No comments:

Post a Comment