Sunday, December 4, 2011

SAVE THE DATE Inspiration

So! I bet you want to know how you ended up with such a beautiful Save the Date. Ha! I really love our Save the Dates and I suppose I think they are beautiful because it was a long journey to the finished product.

The Save the Date idea is a fun trend going on in the wedding world right now. I think it is great because you can share information with the wedding guest well in advanced. Mostly I was hoping to make it easier to put in for time off for people who have to travel to come to our wedding. And, there are a lot of you who will have to travel. Thank you in advanced. We love you. Seriously.

So, yes, Save the Dates are practical. But, that doesn’t mean they can’t be pretty as well. Early on, Wes was really digging the idea of taking pictures of our pets dressed in bride and groom outfits. And I do mean WES was excited. If you don’t know by now, Wes really really REALLY loves his dog.






Mo. How do you not love that face? I probably fell in love with Mo before Wes.

We added another member to our family early in our relationship when Wes and I bought a ferret.




Emily, the princess. Or evil monkey. Depends on who you are asking.  

We love our fur babies. But, getting them to sit still to take pictures together, in outfits, none-the-less, would have been impossible. It turns out something like this every time:



So I ruled out Mo and Em dressed up as bride and groom.

But, there are tons of other cute ways to announce the date of your wedding.



Love these cute cut-out numbers….way too time consuming for me.

Calender. Love this.

One thing was for sure. I refused to pay for someone else to do these for me. This wedding is "do it yourself" all the way, baby. So, I set out to design my own.

Would you take the time to make your own Save the Dates?

No comments:

Post a Comment